Friday, April 9, 2010

Superwoman?

Have you ever seen the ads for a certain air conditioner that claims "It's hard to stop a Trane"? Well, apparently I am Superman (Superwoman?) and can stop a "Trane" in its track! Our less than 7 year old unit is no longer working. I knew it was bad when the repair men would not look me in the eye and said they would have to call back with a quote on price. NEVER a good sign! I saw the hopes on a new sofa go out my open windows!

After a small indulgent pout, I put on my big girl panties (big being the main word) and rethought my options. I realized I needed to be thankful that I had the money earmarked for my sofa to now use on the air conditioner. God is good. I than used my creative side to redo my 12 year old sofa into a fun, unusual piece of furniture with the use of a slipcover and old curtain fabric that I had saved. This project gave me more satisfaction than picking out a new.

Thank you, God, for reminding me that from set backs or adversity can come wonderful, beautiful things and people. Now if I could just leap buildings in a single bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment