Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reality Check

My birthday is tomorrow. I was not really dreading it as I still have a couple of years before the BIG 4-0. I was feeling pretty good about myself and my age until tonight!

Our church was in charge of providing food for the college students at Wesley Foundation tonight. I was excited to bring food and be a servant to these students. It was like coming full circle from my college days at Wesley and eating meals provided by local churchs in Columbus, MS. How great to give back in a way I was given to at The "W".

Here is the AH HA moment of the evening...

As I carried food into the building, a cute, YOUNG college student stopped and asked in her sweet, YOUNG voice, "Oh are you one of the student's mother?"

A COLLEGE STUDENT'S MOTHER!!!! DO I LOOK OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A COLLEGE STUDENT?!? NO WAY!

Then reality hit me. I COULD have an 18 year old! Holy old lady, Batman! How did this happen? When did I age? I only feel about 30 or 28 or 27.

I will look at this new year differently. I now feel the need to embrace this age and make it work for me, the girl at heart in the body of a"mother". Maybe next year the body will be better, I hope the girl at heart is still the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment