Sunday, May 2, 2010

Coming Clean

Shower or bath? Which do you prefer? I shower in the morning for washing my hair, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my bath at night! My dear friend Lisa B. calls them "tubbies" and since it makes me smile when she does, from here on out I will use the term also.

It is my favorite alone time in the day. Hot (very hot!) water, good (or not so good) book, and a cold drink is all I need for the perfect tubbie time. It is like therapy for my soul. Remember the old commercial for Calgon (I am telling my age here! I don't know if they even make this bubble bath anymore!) where the stressed out woman always said, "Calgon, take me away!" This is how I feel each night right before the first toe dips in.

Funny how a bath makes me feel so good inside and out. Kind of like being Baptized. I take my time in the tub as a renewal of myself and sanity. I hope others have their own method of coming clean in body and spirit. It's a dirty world out there and it is up to us to guard and cleanse ourselves daily from the negative energy that can surround us.

So take my advice and grab your favorite rubber ducky, slip into the warm water, say a little prayer of gratitude, and enjoy a good, clean tubbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment