Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happiness is...

The Lower School Chorus that I help with sang a song from the musical "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." It is called "Happiness Is..." The song is about the little things in a kid's life that makes them feel good or happy such as climbing a tree or catching fireflies.

This made me start to think about what are the little things that make me happy as a "big" kid. Now I am not talking about the normal answers that we would all say such as family, friends, health, etc. These are important and do make us happy, but I want to make a list of the quirky stuff that makes us smile. This is different for everyone. I want to know what your happy triggers are. Make a comment and let me know.

Here are a few of mine to get you started...
Wandering the aisles of the Dollar General Store and buying cheap cleaning supplies.
When my cat wakes across my back as I am going to sleep.
Freshly sharpened pencils!
Laying on a newly made bed
The smell of clean laundry

1 comment:

  1. laying on freshly washed sheets
    opening to the first page in a new book
    the smell of cookies in the oven
    bright sun on a pretty day
    my husband randomly grabbing and holding my hand

    :)

    ReplyDelete