Sunday, July 25, 2010

Plant Killer Strikes Again!

I said I would keep you posted on my new plants. The news is not good. Captain Brown Thumb should be my new superhero name! I appear to be a normal, child-nurturing, law-abiding citizen by day, but when no one is watching, I can kill a plant in 2 months or less!

My latest victim is the peace lily by my door. I had been able to keep one alive for almost 4 years (my only plant success story) so I purchased a new one with high hopes and good intentions. It died in about 8 weeks. What happened? I did the same things as last time. Same amount of watering, etc. What was the difference?

Then it hit me...John is not here! He is working out of town this summer with the oil spill. We know all the great things he does for Emma Grace and me (cooking, laundry, cleaning), but we realized that he was also my plant fairy. He was watering my plants behind my back! Now that he is not home all the time, I guess the plants are just giving up!

Thank you God for all the unseen and unsung "fairies" (angels if you prefer!) you provide to all of us. I forget that we can not do it alone and SHOULD NOT even try!

No comments:

Post a Comment